Ajax search pro offers you an easy to use, yet highly customisable search solution.
Install, add a shortcode or a search widget and it’s ready to go.
- Install & ready to use
- Dozens of pre-defined templates
- Custom fields & custom taxonomies compatible
- Works with well known plugins like Buddypress or WooCommerce
Vertical & Horizontal result list
Horizontal and vertical result list is now fully featured in Ajax search pro. Try it out!
By changing a single option on the administrator panel your vertical search result list will turn into horizontal.
Polaroid results list (from v2.3)
Want to see a very nice presentation of your products/posts? Polaroid results list was inspired by codrops’ Scattered polaroid gallery. It’s compatible with all modern web browsers and mobile devices.
- You can ignore posts without images…
- …or use the description instead of the image
- You can flip the polaroid slides for the description.
- Move the slides by clicking on the dots, scrolling your mouse, or swiping your iPad.
Place the result list elswhere!
Injecting the result list into a different page element never been so easy. By inserting a simple shortcode to the desired page block the result list will appear there. It’s possible to use both vertical and horizontal block results.
Custom taxonomies search with filtering!
- Search in custom taxonomies
- Filter by custom taxonomy terms
- Search in custom fields and custom post types
- Perfect for WooCommerce of BuddyPress
Custom post type search is designed for webshops/plugins with a pre-configured post type. From version 2.0 it is possible to filter the results by custom post taxonomies ie. Product categories.
Full features list
Last Updated: 2014.03.06 – version 2.4
- 150+ possible options on admin panel
- 45 pre-defined fully customisable themes
- Vertical / Horizontal / Polaroid styled results list
- Multiple search plugins on one page – You can configure all of them separately!
- BuddyPress search support: groups, integrated bbPress forums, users
- Google Keyword Suggestions on no results, witch a language selector
- Responsive width
- Search caching & image precaching for better performace
- Search in public custom fields is now possible!
- 2 New widgets: Latest searched keywords and Top searched keywords! – You can setup a sidebar widget of the latest/top used keywords and even trigger a search by clicking on them!
- Results filtering by custom taxonomies is now possible yay!
- Search relevance options with adjustable weight values
- Hooks – Filters & Actions for developers
- For the full list see the changelog down below!
- Search statistics page
- Default search text
- Intelligent image parsing (possible from post featured image, post content, post excerpt, possible to set priorities as well)
- Custom Post Types support – You can select which post types do you want to search! Tested with BBPress!
- qTranslate compatible
- Font, color, border, box shadow options
- Keyword Highlighting in search results
- Works in templates and in post and pages as well
- Search widget also included
- Preview window on the admin page
- Fulltext search capabilities:
- Natural language search
- Boolean mode search
- Fallback if the database doesn’t support MyIsam engine
- Mobile support
- Frontend Search options popup
- Possible to search in Posts, Pages and Products (WooCommerce, Jigoshop, WP-ecommerce)
- Image caching + TimThumb for alternative solution
- Very easy installation and set up
- Powerful api for controlling the search from other frontend applications
- jQuery powered, for the best possible compatibility
- Show more results link below the search box
- WordPress 3.4+ compatibility!
- Multisite support!
- Search autocomplete with search statistics or google keywords!
- Error checking module
- Shortcodes can be executed in search results
- Search result content HTML tag stripping is possible
- Category selectors on the frontend – It’s possible to filter the posts by categories
- You can select custom fields as post title and description
- Post grouping by category or post type!
- Search in comments
- It’s possible to exclude categories or posts from the search!
- Stable, custom built jQuery for maximum compatibility
- Shortcodes strippable/executable in results
- Supports pages with categories/taxonomies
- Compatible Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) plugin’s:
- Text field
- Textarea field
- Number field
- Email field
- WYSIWYG editor field
- Will this work with the any template?
- YES! The search is template independent!
- Can I search custom post types?
- YES you can!
- Will it work with 100 000 posts?
- It will, but probably will be bit slower.
- Is it compatible with WooCommerce?
- YES it is.
- Can I search the multisite posts?
- YES you can!
- Can I search the files on my server?
- No you cant
Fulltext & Regular search
As of version 2.4 fulltext search is also available. It suits bigger databases (>10 000 records). Most MySql servers support and use the MyIsam engine, which allows the plugin to use fulltext search, otherwise regular search is used.
Fulltext search is the most effective way for searching data.
- Natural language search with fulltext indexes
- Boolean mode search for special cases
- Regular search queries if MyIsam engine not supported